Monday, December 12, 2011

Time to Breathe


The Wallkill River School show was a smashing success as it is every year. The gallery in Poughkeepsie  got 4 of the 6 pieces intended for them so I think my obligations are fulfilled to the best of my ability these days. Whew!
It's a wonderful thing not to have to create something but to do it because you are totally inspired and gung ho to do it for yourself, which is where I am now. Yesterday I decided to put my new skills from the Richard Salley class to work and I must say it's getting pretty exciting. I wish I'd thought to photograph as I went along but I got totally obsessed with the project. I will post a picture when it's complete.

In the meantime, if you're not aware of it, Richard Salley and wife Jane will be featured in an amazing week long workshop in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico January 22-28. Here is the link to read all of the details. Puerto Vallarta Artist Retreat. I have no doubt that you would come away totally tanned and filled with new skills. I'm thinkin' the Sunday cocktail reception won't be such a bad thing either!


Best... Canace

No comments: