Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back again...

My how time flies.... all the time.... but our time in New Hampshire just flew by. We had a great time visiting with my daughter and her husband and sharing in their love of Halloween. I thought I'd show you some pictures I took in their home prior to their Halloween party. Trust me... this is only a very small sampling of their haunted house. If you look up and in every corner there are ghosts, witches, vultures, bats, skeletons, ghouls, spiders... you name it... if it's scary it's in their house.

As a disclaimer.... as a young mother making costumes for her sweet little girl I chose to create little princesses... Cinderella type costumes... little fairies with magic wands etc.... NOT the grown up Vampiress or Witch that now lives in New Hampshire... lol

When you first walk into the front door this is what you are greeted with...
And this charming feature comes through the wall... tempting you with a real apple...

Now really, who has gravestones in their bathroom? Not to mention the walking/talking brain that giggles and hums a tune when you walk by...

My personal favorite (NOT) is Michael Myers, standing his full 6' and fully animated. It takes awhile to get used to his eyes following you across the room or his arms moving and stabbing the knife up and down. Strange thing... I had a close-up of his eyes and when I uploaded to the computer that frame was completely black.... OOOOOoooo!
And lastly is a painting that I did for them in honor of their favorite holiday and their anniversary. .. I used a pearlescent white paint for the moon and I think you can see the reflection.
Do you think I'm feeding her habit???

Happy Halloween to all of you!

Best...

Canace

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Please feel free to feed the habit :) What a gorgeous painting!

Jo Archer said...

Wow, that is so cool! i think I would like your daughter very much. I absolutely love the painting you did for them; you really are so talented.

Jeanette Janson said...

I love it!!! I can see where she gets her creativity...it has just gone in a different direction. What fun!
Jeanette