Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can you smell it?

I'm thinking you can smell it wayyyyy over on the west coast!

Last night around 9pm my husband and I settled in to watch a movie. Our dog Snippet was all tucked in... literally.. she has her own little bassinet.

Meanwhile her brother Dakota had gone walk about. (My husband is Australian) I kept looking out the front window to see what he was up to but couldn't see him. I figured once he realized it was getting dark he'd make his way back. He's a clever boy and he knows how to open the screen door to let himself back inside. After about 20 minutes I heard a crash in the bushes. Okay... it's Dakota... chasing chipmunks again.

NOT!

Next thing I hear is Dakota making his way up the walk coughing and choking... then as expected he let himself in the house. Arghhhhhhhhhhh.... we realized very quickly that he hadn't found a cute little chipmunk. He'd had a close encounter of the most unpleasant kind with a skunk!


This isn't the first time he decided to play with the cute little black and white 'dog' so we keep a product called 'Natures Miracle' on hand. You have to soak the dog down with it and let it dry. So my husband curled up on cushions on the side porch with his buddy Dakota last night. They slept out there last night... and tonight too if I have anything to say about it. I think I can taste the smell! I sure hope 'Natures Miracle' does the job it's supposed to do because I don't have nearly enough tomato sauce/juice/paste/puree/spaghetti sauce/ketchup to drown a 30 pound dog.

*Sigh* And he was so cute when he was a puppy.

Once again...

Ah... life in the country :o)

No comments: