Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 Questions

Last week I was asked to answer 10 questions for an artist interview.

Two questions were; 'What is your favorite word?' and 'What is your least favorite word?'

I answered 'eclectic' for my favorite as I so completely appreciate bringing together unrelated things to create something new and wonderful. My answer to the second question was 'Can't'. All my life I have heard people say, "I can't do that." and I find it sad that anyone would adopt that attitude. In my life there is no such thing as 'can't'... we can try anything. At some things we will excel and others will become a learning experience.

As Henry Van Dyke said in my favorite saying: "Use the talents that you possess, for the woods would be silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke

For those of you who may be interested in the full 10 questions I have listed them below.

1. What is your favorite word?

2. What is your least favorite word?

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

4. Tell us about your earliest memory that led you to becoming an
artist.


5. What kind of space do you like to exist in when you are working?
Describe the space you typically work in. What type of space would you
ideally like to work in?


6. What inspirations do you draw on in the Hudson Valley? (Substitute your location)


7. What have you learned from other artists in the area?


8. What profession outside of the arts would you like to attempt?
(this should also be outside of your non-art “day job”)


9. If you could no longer work in your discipline, how else do you think you would express yourself?


10. What are you working on this year?

Have fun thinking about your answers.

Best....
Canace

No comments: