Thursday, August 13, 2009

A New Project

Well the website is complete ... yay! I think I'm half blind and crippled but other than that it was a huge success.

On to something new... I've decided to make some greeting cards using my photography of the Hudson Valley. I'm calling them 'Hudson Valley Views' by Canace. Here is a low resolution sampling of some of the photographs that I've used so far.

This was taken in the historic district of the City of Newburgh overlooking the Hudson River. I love the old Victorian architecture and this gate is one of my favorite shots.
This next shot is once again Lake Minnewaska

The following picture is of the old D&H Canal in autumn. It's one of our favorite places to hike with the dogs. Lots of straight stretches where they can run like the wind.
Not far from here is a wildlife sanctuary called the Basha Kill. It's over 2000 acres of wetland and home to an amazing array of birds, reptiles and fish. The most notable is the Bowfin which has been classified as a prehistoric fish that can breathe both in the water and on land. We've spent many an hour fishing from our canoe on the Basha Kill. We're also members of the association to protect this preserve. Can you feel the serenity?
My whole life I was fascinated with Bannerman's castle that sits on a small island in the middle of the Hudson River. About 8 years ago we had the opportunity to canoe out to the island during a Hudson River clean-up operation. Imagine my excitement to not only set foot on this island but to be able to wander around taking photographs to my heart's delight. (I nearly cried) lol
There are quite a few more pictures that I'm using but I thought this was a good sampling to give you the idea.

Back to work!

Best...

Canace

4 comments:

pamelahuntington said...

Billie..
These pictures are just lovely...Bannerman's
castle is most delgihtful!
xo

Artsnark said...

great pics! That castle is amazing!

Canace said...

Thanks guys... I'll do a collection of the castle pics one day so you can see it from different angles.

dime store daze said...

Wow, I love the photos you should do a calendar
I want the castle...
also love your new background I wish typepad blogs could do that...